Lost and Found
Richard Knight, Property and Evidence Custodian
I’ve lost my property (iPhone, laptop, car keys, etc.) on campus, what do I do?
If you have lost an item in any of the UT Arlington campus buildings, we highly recommend you contact faculty/staff in the building where you last had the item in your possession. These individuals are the most likely to encounter your property immediately after it is lost.
If faculty/staff in the building have not located your property, then contact the lost and found office. The UT Arlington Police Lost and Found office is the official custodian of items found and surrendered by departments and individuals on campus.
When you contact the Property Custodian, please include the following:
- Your name, phone number, and Mav ID # (if applicable)
- A detailed description of your property (brand name, color, size, serial/model number, type of material, label, features, etc.),
- The location you believe it was lost, and
- The time period you believe it was lost.
To expedite the search for your item, it is strongly recommended you contact the Property Custodian via the online form below, phone, or email before personally visiting the police station.
- All unclaimed items are kept for 90 days and then disposed of per State law in Code of Criminal Procedure, Article 18.17 (Disposition of Abandoned or Unclaimed Property).
- Food and drink containers are usually discarded and not retained by Lost and Found.
- Data sensitive materials are destroyed if unclaimed.
Mav Express Cards
Lost Mav Express ID cards are immediately forwarded to the Mav Express office. Please contact the Mav Express office at 817-272-2645 to see if yours has been found.
Please follow this link to review UTA Procedure 6-1: Abandoned and Lost Property: https://www.uta.edu/policy/procedure/6-1